Right on the Dot, Make Your Mark
![]() |
| Color Vortex, 2020 Acrylic on canvas |
In honor of International Dot Day, inspired by Peter Reynold's The Dot, I made my own dot. The Dot reveals the importance of self-efficacy. Even when we do not believe in ourselves, there are others out there that can see our potential and encourage us. Starting a project is one of the hardest things to do. There is the anxiety of making the first mark and the doubt that it is worth doing in the first place. However, we won't know the results and impact until it is complete, and it all starts by taking the first step. The first project may become an inspiration for future projects as we should learn from the past and strive to improve by putting in the effort.
Looking at my blank canvas, I didn't know what to do and was hesitant to draw on it. Then I realized that I should just draw whatever comes to mind and work onwards from there. One dot, one mark at a time. The outcome was better than I ever imagined it would be. Therefore, go out into the world and make your mark, whatever it may be. It is definitely worthwhile!

Comments
Post a Comment