It's Raining Pigs & Noodles

Title: It's Raining Pigs & Noodles
Author: Jack Prelutsky
Illustrator: James Stevenson 
Genre: Poetry
Awards: N/A
Grade Level: 1 - 5

This book contains a collection of wild and silly poems by Jack Prelutsky. The poems, varying in length and rhyme schemes, cover an assortment of strange situations with monochromatic illustrations to match. The poems stimulate the creative and imaginative side of the mind. I would use this book in my classroom during the poetry unit to show that poetry can come in many different forms and can cover crazy subjects. I liked that the book had some concrete poems such as "I'm Caught Up in Infinity", "Zigzag", "I Am Winding Through a Maze", and "I Am Stuck Inside a Seashell". Students could make their own wild and silly poems and try different formats and rhyme schemes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because of Winn-Dixie

Once a Mouse...

Mouse's First Christmas